Once upon an August

It's been a bit of a whirlwind around here the last week or so! I've had a lot of etsy orders to fill, as well as writing my very first guest post (details to come this week!), and both became much more of a challenge considering we lost power the last two nights.  The most notable of events of late, however, would be celebrating our fourth wedding anniversary last Thursday, August 23rd. 

We had an amazing date which I will recap soon, but for now, I thought I'd share a few glimpses into that very special day 4 years ago. As an aside, we had an absolutely terrible photographer experience and therefore I'm not even close to being thrilled with our wedding photos, but it's what we have, so it's what we will cherish.

We are going away for Labor Day long weekend, but I've got some fun and crafty posts coming up next week, so don't stray too far!




If my husband looks pained in the ceremony photos, it's because he was balling like a baby as I walked down the aisle, not because he's completely depressed to be getting married!





























Thanks for stopping by!

xoxo J

Comments

  1. Happy Anniversary! Ours is in August too :-) You and your hubby are such a gorgeous couple - its so sweet that he cried at the ceremony ! Your dress is beautiful - love the lace top and the half sleeves - its classic but unique.

    I had bad wedding photographers too! Wish I had put more thought into who I chose - oh well...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ella- Happy anniversary to you guys as well!

      And I am with you- I learned SO much about photography AFTER our wedding and really wish I had invested more time into choosing before. Live and learn!

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous!!!! I hate hearing about bad photography experiences at weddings (you may recall my sister's atrocious photographer since you were her planner lol)... it should be a day of excitement and you have beautiful photographs to remember it with. Your wedding was beautiful!
    And two nights in a row of power outages... it's a little weird, no? We heard lots of sirens this time. Hopefully tonight we are good to go!
    Can't wait to hear more about your guest post!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andrea!

      Yes, there is NOTHING worse than a bad wedding photographer, and although most wounds heal over time, mine got increasingly worse as I worked with so many FANTASTIC photographers during my time working with brides. I booked our photog about a year before I started to get into wedding planning, and wasn't fully aware of what I was supposed to be looking for. Ugh, such a bummer. Oh well, c'est la vie! I have a fantastic hubby, and that's what matters!

      And wow, I will never forget your sister's photog. So unprofessional. I never got to see the finished product, so hopefully they got a few good ones at least.

      SO weird about the back to back power outages! There were so many sirens last night so must've been pretty bad.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on your anniversary! I think the pictures looks beautiful! I think it's the couple that makes the pictures anyway. You both look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenna! You've successfully cheered me up today! :)

      Delete
  4. Happy Anniversary!! I wasn't overly thrilled with my photographer either.....bummer:( you look amazing though! Killer dress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah! Seems to be a common story, hey? Thanks though, I did love my dress!

      Delete
  5. Even if your photographer wasn't great, you still look absolutely gorgeous in your photos! A very happy anniversary to you both!

    It seems half of the people out there have bad wedding photographer experiences. Ours was HORRIBLE. So many photos that were never taken and not even an apology in return. *sigh* At least the "marrying my best friend" part worked out well! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww you're too sweet! And it does seem like over half the people out there have had bad experiences. It's the ONE thing that lasts (well, other than the marriage part) from your wedding day, so it makes it even more important too. But you're right, getting a bff for life makes it all better! :)

      Delete
    2. I think your pictures look beautiful! :) You guys look so happy and that's the most important thing.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! You made my day :)

Popular Posts