No Dollorama? No problemo!

I've been feeling a bit bad lately. Ever since my feature on iHeart Organizing, I've had so many people ask which dollar store I bought my glass pantry storage from. When I found out that Dollorama was a Canadian chain I was shocked. Not often do we get goodies that aren't available to our American counterparts, so I assumed that there must be an American Dollorama, or at least a comparable store with a less crappy selection than other dollar stores.

Well, fellow Canucks, seems as though for once, we actually have a better store than in the States. I never thought I would see the day (and to be honest I would still give up Dollorama for all the TJMaxx's and Trader Joe's in the US).

I really wanted to be able to find a solution that pretty much everyone would have access to, so when a good friend emailed me about these Ikea storage containers I jumped with glee! Yippee! Affordable storage for all! I think my official slogan should read "Jen: Changing Pantries, One Kitchen at a Time," no?

Anyways, take look see at the DROPPAR line from Ikea. Perhaps I'm slow, but I swear these were not there when I was at Ikea last month. Are they new? Am I the last one to arrive at the party?



They come in a variety of sizes, but a 4 by 7 inch jar is $3.99. Sure it's still double the Dollorama price, but it's still WAY cheaper than most of the containers out there on the market.

Anyone have these? Thoughts?


Comments

  1. Thanks, I haven't seen this yet and your pantry definitely inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries! If you try them out you must let me know how they work out!

      Delete
  2. I would also like to suggest to our American friends to take a stroll through Target to see if they maybe able find anything similar to the Dollarama stores. I noticed that Jen from iheartorganizing has bought many items there. I can't wait for Target to open it's doors here in Canada. Just a suggestion!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great suggestion! I love Target so much but have never thought to look for jars there. I too can't wait for Target up here! Adieu Zellers!

      Delete
  3. I have these IKEA jars in my kitchen (for flour, sugar, etc.) and love them! They're not new, but they're definitely worth checking out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me know! I'm glad to hear someone has them (and loves them!). I am definitely picking some up when I am there next because I love the peekaboo lid!

      Delete
  4. I searched my dollar store in the U.S. and couldn't find your cute white bins, but I found some similar ones at Target. While not as cute and not as cheap as your great find, I just purchased some labels from your etsy shop to glam them up!love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessie! I am looking forward to working on your labels tonight!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! You made my day :)

Popular Posts